What Makes High 5 Different?
Our epic, unforgettable, high-energy, explosive-fun, kids-talk-about-it-all-year-long, elective-based day camp for kids is one of a kind and runs every summer.
High Five is Harvest’s unforgettable day camp for kids age four through entering Grade 6. It’s a week all about worshiping Jesus where kids create their custom adventure with choice of two electives. Each child can create their own unique experience from Drama to Karate, from Cooking to Game Time. You don’t want to miss this incredible week.
1) High Five Campers register for electives based on the grade they will enter in Fall 2018.
2) High Five Workers are students who have completed 6th grade through adult and have completed a security background check. Men, women, high school students, college students, grandmas, grandpas, young and old all serve in High Five.
3) Adults and grandparents who register to work receive a significant discount on your child's registration. The discount is valid for all the children in your family.
• High Five 2018 is July 16 - 20 from noon until 4:00 p.m.
• A healthy peanut free lunch and snacks are included
• High Five ends at 4:00 p.m.
• Two electives are offered. If you want to be paired with a friend, make sure you both register for the same elective at the same time.
Week of High Five Schedule
- Morning Option - Join us for a free VBS from 9am - noon. Register for VBS here. https://verticalstl.breezechms.com/form/VBS2018
- noon - 12:30 - Lunch
- 12:30 -1:00 - Opening Ceremony
- 1:00 - 2:15 - Elective 1
- 2:15 - 2:35 - Snack Time
- 2:35 - 3:50 - Elective 2
- 3:50 - 4:00 - Closing Ceremony
- 4:00 Parent Pick- Up
• For the first child the fee is $150. Each additional child in the same family receives a $50 discount.
• If you volunteer at High Five, subtract the volunteer discount for your child or grandchild. Discounts are 1/2 off for each child.
Choose Your Elective
• Choose two electives.
• If you have a friend request, you must register your child for the same elective at the same time as their friend’s registration.
Mad Science Do you love science experiments? Watching chemical reactions? Making slime? Then the Mad Science elective is for you! We will spark kids’ imagination with interactive learning experiences through hands-on activities. Everyday will be will packed full of fun and learning!
Show Time How far can your imagination take you? The sky is the limit at our theater elective! Kids will be challenged to create characters and perform their own stories. Their creative minds will be transported to imaginary worlds as our very own Miss Christy will make this an event to remember.
Cooking Is there a budding culinary master in the house? Then Cooking is the elective for them! Every day will be another opportunity for them to be creative and learn healthy recipes from around the world. Food prep, safety, and hospitality will also be covered. Who doesn’t love to make a mess in the kitchen?
Defenders Back by popular demand the amazing Mr. Nolda returns to teach the skill and discipline of the martial arts. Each day kids will learn the Japanese Martial Art of Karate. Who will become our next High Five Ninja?
Game Time Who doesn’t love to run and play games? From relay races, to soccer and volleyball, everyday will be active play. Kids will participate in organized, age-appropriate games that is sure to get their heart pumping! (Make sure to sign your child up in the appropriate elective based on their grade level.)
• Grade school campers must be entering first through sixth grade, and register by grade they are entering in Fall 2018.
• Everyone Grade 7 through 90 years old is a volunteer.
• You may request a change to your child’s registration by July 1 without charge. After July 2, there is a $25 charge to change electives.
• Registration may be cancelled for a full refund until July 8. After July 8, there is no refund.
• A healthy, peanut free lunch will be provided.
• Water is served all the time. No milk, pop or juice is offered.
• If your child has any allergy, that information should be noted at registration and check in. If this is a concern please email Kelly Hart at khart@HarvestStLouis.org.